Sunday 12 April 2015

Tweety's Sunday Food Prep!

To get the week off to a good start this week and I am going to prep as much in advance as I can, I seen a few people do this before and heard they found it easier to stay on track and takes the stress out of worrying about food too much during a busy week!

I really want to see if this is true and to see if I can 100% stick to the food I set for myself over the week, it will be all cooked (as much as possible) and be ready to go for breakfasts, lunches and dinners with snacks in between! I may even go as far to write out all my workouts ready to give me added focus at the gym!

Sunday afternoon's are made for prep! I got up this morning after a great night out with the gym crew and went to the gym at 8am, completed my workout, got showered, cooked a tasty omelette for breakfast and headed out to do the food shopping! I went with a list of the things I needed to prep all my meals and snacks! (didn't want to get sidetracked)

It is now 17:30pm and I am done!!! Food prep complete!!

The food shopping! One bag to complete the magic!
The shopping is made up of:
  • bag of mixed seeds
  • bag of plain cashew nuts
  • 1 head of broccoli 
  • 2 heads of cauliflower
  • 3 peppers
  • 2 large sweet potatoes
  • a bag of carrots
  • 500g pack of chicken
  • 2 packs of 2 portions of salmon
  • a pack of mangetout 
  • smoked back bacon
  • free range eggs
  • peanut butter
 From the cupboard:

  • coconut oil
  • mixed herbs
  • garlic
  • bay leaves
  • black pepper
  • can of chopped toms
  • paprika
  • chicken stock


Getting everything ready for cooking!

A mountain of plastic tubs is required!
First I measured out my afternoon snack. 30g of mixed seeds and 25g of plain cashew nuts into a tub and 5 done. (there was a bit left over so that is ready in case I need a little something extra, I know its there and its healthy)

Next I made Paprika Chicken with cauliflower rice, more information on that will be in a separate post. Once done it was split into 5 portions ready for my evening meals.

And finally I made lunches, that are made up of Salmon, grated carrot, sliced and fried sweet potato and steamed broccoli with a piece of fruit for after.

Breakfast will be a packet of raspberry porridge, it doesn't need any advance prep as it is already measured so can be made in the morning.

Mid morning, I will have a protein shake as my morning snack around 10:30am

And here we go...Ready for the week!!!
I have been going most of the afternoon, I had a break for a cuppa and to change the washing over but all in I think its about 3 and 1/2 hours which isn't bad considering the time it will save in the week!

Right Week... you best be ready because I am and I am going to hit you hard!!!!


2 comments:

  1. I love how organised you've been. Your going to have the best week.... Less washing up, less time spent cooking and ready as soon as you are!!! Why don't I do this?Emily X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emily, thanks for the comment! I am looking forward to focusing on other important things at the moment and you're right the washing up for me is enough of an incentive! It doesn't take a lot of time to plan and execute so give it a go! Tweety xx

      Delete